To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, May 16, 2014

White Roses and Jewelry with Early, my God, without delay, and If Christ is mine, then all is mine

Early, my God, without delay,
I haste to seek Thy face;
My thirsty spirit faints away,
Without Thy cheering grace.

I’ve seen Thy glory and Thy power
Through all Thy temple shine;
My God, repeat that heavenly hour,
That vision so divine.

Not all the blessings of a feast
Can please my soul so well,
As when Thy richer grace I taste,
And in Thy presence dwell.

Not life itself, with all its joys,
Can my best passions move,
Or raise so high my cheerful voice,
As Thy forgiving love.

Thus till my last expiring day,
I’ll bless my God and King;
Thus will I lift my hands to pray,
And tune my lips to sing.
 
     Rev. Isaac Watts
If Christ is mine, then all is mine,
  And more than angels know;
Both present things and things to come,
  And grace and glory too.

  If He is mine, then, though He frown,
  He never will forsake;
His chastisements all work for good,
  And but His love bespeak.

  If He is mine, I need not fear
  The rage of earth and hell;
He will support my feeble frame,
  And all their power repel.

  If He is mine, let friends forsake,
  And earthly comforts flee;
He, the Dispenser of all good,
  Is more than these to me.

  If He is mine, I’ll fearless pass
  Through death’s tremendous vale;
He’ll be my Comfort and my Stay
  When heart and flesh shall fail.

  Let Jesus tell me He is mine,
  I nothing want beside:
My soul shall at the Fountain live
  When all the streams are dried.

Rev. Benjamin Beddome

No comments:

Post a Comment