To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, May 15, 2014

What a Memory of Roses with I was once far away from the Saviour and Give to the winds thy fears

I was once far away from the Saviour,
  And as vile as a sinner could be;
And I wonder’d if Christ the Redeemer
  Could save a poor sinner like me.

I wander’d on in the darkness,
  Not a ray of light could I see;
And the thought filled my heart with sadness,
  There’s no hope for a sinner like me.

And then, in that dark lonely hour,
  A voice sweetly whispered to me;
Saying, Christ the Redeemer has power
  To save a poor sinner like me.

I listened:  and lo!  ‘twas the Saviour
  That was speaking so kindly to me;
I cried, “I’m the chief of sinners,
  Thou canst save a poor sinner like me!”

I then fully trusted in Jesus;
  And oh, what a joy came to me!
My heart was filled with His praises,
  For saving a sinner like me.

No longer in darkness I’m walking,
  For the light is now shining on me;
And now unto others I’m telling
  How He saved a poor sinner like me.

And when life’s journey is over,
  And I the dear Saviour shall see,
I’ll praise Him for ever and ever,
  For saving a sinner like me.

C. J. Butler

  Give to the winds thy fears;
  Hope, and be undismayed:
God hears thy sighs, and counts thy tears;
  God shall lift up thy head.

  Through waves, and clouds, and storms,
  He gently clears thy way;
Wait thou his time, so shall this night
  Soon end in joyous day.

  Still heavy is thy heart?
  Still sink thy spirits down?
Cast off the weight, let fear depart,
  And every care be gone.

  What though thou rulest not?
  Yet heaven, and earth, and hell
Proclaim, God sitteth on the throne,
  And ruleth all things well.

  Leave to his sovereign sway
  To choose and to command;
So shalt thou, wondering, own his way,
  How wise, how strong his hand!

  Far, far above thy thought
  His counsel shall appear,
When fully he the work hath wrought
  That caused thy needless fear.

Paul Gerhardt   Tr. by John Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment