To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, May 5, 2014

Prone Roses with Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine and O Holy Saviour, Friend unseen

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, wash’d in His blood.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight.
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I, in my Saviour, am happy and blest.
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Chorus

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Saviour all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Saviour all the day long.

Fanny J. Crosby
  O Holy Saviour, Friend unseen,
Since on thine arm thou bidd’st me lean,
Help me, throughout life’s changing scene,
  By faith to cling to thee.

  What though the world deceitful prove,
And earthly friends and hopes remove;
With patient, uncomplaining love,
  Still would I cling to thee.

  Though oft I seem to tread alone
Life’s dreary waste, with thorns o’ergrown,
Thy voice of love, in gentlest tone,
  Still whispers, “Cling to me!”

  Though faith and hope are often tried,
I ask not, need not, aught beside;
So safe, so calm, so satisfied,
  The soul that clings to thee.

Charlotte Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment