To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tulips in a Line with When God the way of life would teach and O city of beauty, I long to behold

When God the way of life would teach,
And gather all His own,
He placed them safe beyond the reach
Of death, by blood alone.

By Christ, the sinless Lamb of God,
The precious blood was shed,
When He fulfilled God’s holy word,
And suffered in our stead.

O soul, for thee salvation thus
By God is freely giv’n;
The blood of Christ atones for sin,
And makes us meet for heav’n.

The wrath of God that was our due,
Upon the Lamb was laid;
And by the shedding of His blood,
The debt for us was paid.

How calm the judgment hour shall pass
To all who do obey
The word of God about the blood,
And make that word their stay.

Chorus
It is His word, God’s precious word,
It stands forever true:
When I, the Lord, shall see the blood,
I will pass over you.

El. Nathan
O city of beauty, I long to behold
Thy pearly white gates and thy pavement of gold;
And I long for a stroll on that beautiful shore
Where earth weary feet shall grow weary no more.

When sad and oppress’d with life’s burdens and fears,
Sweet tho’ts of that city my weary heart cheers,
And I feel that each battle must bravely be won
That I may rejoice in a Father’s “Well done.”

My Savior hath promised for me to prepare
A home in that country so peaceful and fair;
And I rest in this hope, till His loving command
Shall summon me home to that beautiful land.

Chorus
But dearer by far than all else to me,
Is the tho’t that the face of my Lord I shall see;
Yes, dearer by far than all else to me,
Is the tho’t that the face of my Lord I shall see.

M. E. Servoss

No comments:

Post a Comment