To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Apple Blossoms, Tin Vase and Antique Doll with I wait for Thee, O Lord and I’m not ashamed to own my Lord

I wait for Thee, O Lord!
Thy glorious face to see,
That holy face that once was marred,
Was marred, O Lord, for me.

I wait for Thee, O Lord!
Before Thy feet to fall,
To worship lowly and adore
My Saviour, all in all.

I wait for Thee, O Lord!
Thy loving hand to feel,
Whose tender touch can even now
The wounded spirit heal.

I wait for Thee, O Lord!
Thy rapture deep to know,
Of living evermore with Thee;
Love cannot more bestow.

I wait for Thee, O Lord!
But for a little while;
This night my longing, eyes may meet
Thy joyful, welcome smile.

     E. B.

  I’m not ashamed to own my Lord,
  Or to defend his cause;
Maintain the honor of his word,
  The glory of his cross.

  Jesus, my God! I know his name;
  His name is all my trust;
Nor will he put my soul to shame,
  Nor let my hope be lost.

  Firm as his throne his promise stands,
  And he can well secure
What I’ve committed to his hands,
  Till the decisive hour.

  Then will he own my worthless name
  Before his Father’s face,
And in the New Jerusalem
  Appoint my soul a place.

Isaac Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment