To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Roses in White Crock with Oh, what shall it profit thee, brother and Day by day the manna fell

Oh, what shall it profit thee, brother,
Houses and acres so broad?
No title to mansions of glory eternal,
And none to the city of God?

Oh, what shall it profit thee, brother,
Friendships to share and to make?
And know not the friendship of Jesus, the Savior,
Of Jesus who died for thy sake?

Oh, what shall it profit thee, brother,
Earthly ambition and fame?
If Christ in the life book of glory eternal,
Had never recorded thy name?

Chorus
What shall it profit thee then?
Tho’ the whole world be thine own.
When the death angel has called for thy spirit,
And mercy forever has flown.

M. P. Ferguson

Day by day the manna fell;
O to learn this lesson well!
Still by constant mercy fed,
Give me, Lord, my daily bread.

“Day by day” the promise reads;
Daily strength for daily needs:
Cast foreboding fears away,
Take the manna of today.

Lord, my times are in Thy hand;
All my sanguine hopes have planned
To Thy wisdom I resign,
And would make Thy purpose mine.

Thou my daily task shalt give;
Day by day to Thee I live;
So shall added years fulfil,
Not my own, my Father’s will. Amen

Josiah Conder

No comments:

Post a Comment