To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Iris with I heard the voice of Jesus say and Life wears a different face to me

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
  “Come unto me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down
  Thy head upon my breast.”

I came to Jesus as I was-
  Weary, and worn, and sad;
I found in Him a resting-place,
  And He has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
  “Behold, I freely give
The living water-thirsty one,
  Stoop down, and drink, and live.”

I came to Jesus, and I drank
  Of that life-giving stream;
My thirst was quench’d, my soul revived,
  And now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
  “I am this dark world’s Light;
Look unto me, thy morn shall rise,
  And all thy day be bright.”

I looked to Jesus, and I found
  In Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that light of life I’ll walk
  “Till trav’ling days are done.

H. Bonar, D. D.

Life wears a different face to me,
Since I found my Savior;
Rich mercy at the cross I see,
My dying, living Savior.

He sought me in His wondrous love,
So I found my Savior,
He brought salvation from above,
My dear, almighty Savior.

The passing clouds may intervene,
Since I found my Savior,
But He is with me, though unseen,
My ever present Savior.

A strong hand kindly holds my own,
Since I found my Savior,
It leads me onward to the throne,
O there I’ll see my Savior.

Chorus

Golden sunbeams ‘round me play,
Jesus turns my night to day,
Heaven seems not far away,
Since I found my Savior.

E. E. Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment