To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Black Locust Blossoms and Magnolia Bloom with We would see Jesus-for the shadows lengthen and If I could fly beyond the tide, where shines the perfect day


We would see Jesus-for the shadows lengthen
Across this little landscape of our life;
We would see Jesus, our weak faith to strengthen
For the last weariness-the final strife.

We would see Jesus-the great Rock foundation,
Whereon our feet were set with sov’reign grace;
Not life, nor death, with all their agitation,
Can thence remove us, if we see His face.

We would see Jesus-other lights are paling,
Which for long years we have rejoiced to see;
The blessings of our pilgrimage are failing;
We would not mourn them, for we go to Thee.

We would see Jesus-this is all we’re needing,
Strength, joy, and willingness come with the sight;
We would see Jesus, dying, risen, pleading;
Then welcome, day! and farewell, mortal night!

     Anna B. Warner
If I could fly beyond the tide, where shines the perfect day,
I’d seek the One, whose tender love has brighten’d all life’s way,
And, kneeling down before His feet, forgetting pain and loss,
Give thanks, that He had laid on me the burden of His cross.

Tho’ angel choirs should welcome sing, one voice alone I’ll hear,
That thro’ my earthly pilgrimage has fill’d my soul with cheer;
Its music sweet full well I know, but O the joy divine,
To feel, that thro’ eternity this blessed Lord is mine.

If I could fly beyond the tide, the face I’d long to see
Would be of Him, whose presence here makes earth a heav’n for me;
Some day with Christ, my Lord, I’ll rise to Eden’s happy shore,
And praises sing unto my King who lives forever more.

Chorus
Beyond the tide, the silent tide,
My longing soul, my longing soul would be,
And see the face of Christ, my Lord,
Whose smile makes heav’n, whose smile makes heav’n for me.

Lizzie De Armond

No comments:

Post a Comment