To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lily-of-the-Valley and Phlox with On Jordan’s stormy banks I stand and What tho’ clouds are hov’ring o’er me

On Jordan’s stormy banks I stand,
And cast a wishful eye,
To Canaan’s fair and happy land,
Where my possessions lie.

All o’er those wide extended plains
Shines one eternal day;
There God, the Son, forever reigns,
And scatters night away.

No chilling winds, nor pois’nous breath,
Can reach that healthful shore;
Sickness and sorrow, pain and death,
Are felt and feared no more.

When shall I reach that happy place,
And be forever blest?
When shall I see my Father’s face,
And in His bosom rest?

Chorus
I am bound for the promised land,
I am bound for the promised land;
O who will come and go with me?
I am bound for the promised land.

Samuel Stennett

What tho’ clouds are hov’ring o’er me,
And I seem to walk alone-
Longing ‘mid my cares and crosses,
For the joys that now are flown-
If I’ve Jesus, “Jesus only,”
Then my sky will have a gem;
He’s a Sun of brightest splendor,
And the Star of Bethlehem.

What tho’ all my earthly journey
Bringeth naught but weary hours,
And, in grasping for life’s roses,
Thorns I find instead of flow’rs-
If I’ve Jesus, “Jesus only,”
I possess a cluster rare;
He’s the “Lily of the Valley,”
And the “Rose of Sharon” fair.

What tho’ all my heart is yearning
For the lov’d of long ago-
Bitter lessons sadly learning
From the shadowy page of woe-
If I’ve Jesus, “Jesus only,”
He’ll be with me to the end;
And, unseen by mortal vision,
Angel bands will o’er me bend.

When I soar to realms of glory,
And an entrance I await,
If I whisper, “Jesus only!”
Wide will ope the pearly gate;
When I join the heavenly chorus,
And the angel hosts I see,
Precious Jesus, “Jesus only,”
Will my theme of rapture be.

Hattie M. Conrey

No comments:

Post a Comment