To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, June 27, 2014

Bursting with Color with By Thy birth, and by Thy tears and To-day Thy mercy calls me

By Thy birth, and by Thy tears;
By Thy human griefs and fears;
By Thy conflict in the hour
Of the subtle tempter’s pow’r,-

By the tenderness that wept
O’er the grave where Laz’rus slept;
By the bitter tears that flow’d
Over Salem’s lost abode,-

By Thy lonely hour of pray’r;
By the fearful conflict there;
By Thy cross and dying cries;
By Thy one great sacrifice,-

By Thy triumph o’er the grave;
By Thy pow’r the lost to save;
By Thy high, majestic throne;
By the empire all Thine own,-

Chorus
Savior, look with pitying eye;
Savior, help me or I die;
Savior, look with pitying eye;
Savior, help me, or I die.

Robert GrantTo-day Thy mercy calls me
  To wash away my sin;
However great my trespass,
  Whate’er I may have been,
However long from mercy
  I may have turned away,
Thy blood, O Christ, can cleanse me,
  And make me white to-day.

To-day Thy gate is open,
  And all who enter in
Shall find a Father’s welcome,
  And pardon for their sin;
The past shall be forgotten,
  A present joy be given,
A future grace be promised,
  A glorious crown in heaven.

To-day the Father calls me,
  The Holy Spirit waits,
The blessed angels gather
  Around the heavenly gates:
No question will be asked me,
  How often I have come;
Although I oft have wandered,
  It is my Father’s home.

O all-embracing mercy,
  Thou ever-open door,
What shall I do without thee
  When heart and eyes run o’er?
When all things seem against me,
  To drive me to despair,
I know one gate is open,
  One ear will hear my prayer.

Oswald Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment