To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Peonies and Glassware with There is a City, I am told with Art thou weary, art thou languid

There is a City, I am told
Where all the streets are paved with gold;
A Home prepared for you and me,
Where we may spend eternity.....
Eternity,
Eternity,
Where we may spend eternity.

Me thinks I hear the heav’nly song,
In hallelujahs loud and long:
Come floating o’er the mighty sea,
A message from eternity.....
Eternity,
Eternity,
A message from eternity.

Our loved ones who have gone before,
Are beck’ning us to that brighter shore;
That we may from our cares be free,
And sing thro’ all eternity.....
Eternity,
Eternity,
And sing thro’ all eternity.

Some day my blessed Lord will call,
In tones that gently rise and fall;
And He will say, “Come home with me,
To dwell in blest eternity”.....
Eternity,
Eternity,
And dwell in blest eternity.

Frank A. SimpkinsArt thou weary, art thou languid,
Art thou sore distrest?
“Come to Me,” saith One, and “coming,
     Be at rest.”

Hath He marks to lead me to Him,
If He be my Guide?
“In His feet and hands are wound-prints,
     And His side.”

Is there diadem, as Monarch,
That His brow adorns?
“Yes, a crown, in very surety,
     But of thorns.”

If I find Him, if I follow,
What His guerdon here?
“Many a sorrow, many a labor,
    Many a tear.”

If I still hold closely to Him,
What hath He at last?
“Sorrow vanquished, labor ended,
     Jordan passed.”

If I ask Him to receive me,
Will He say me nay?
“Not till earth and not till heaven
     Pass away.”

Rev. John M. Neale

No comments:

Post a Comment