To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, June 6, 2014

Tea and Tea Roses with I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me and I must needs go home by the way of the cross

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me;
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me a sinner, He suffer’d, He bled and died.

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine,
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine;
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify.

I think of His hands, pierc’d and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy-seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.

Chorus
Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me,
Enough to die for me;
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me.

Chas. H. Gabriel
I must needs go home by the way of the cross,
There’s no other way but this;
I shall ne’er get sight of the Gates of Light,
If the way of the cross I miss.

I must needs go on in the blood sprinkled way,
The path that the Savior trod,
If I ever climb to the heights sublime,
Where the soul is at home with God.

Then I bid farewell to the way of the world,
To walk in it never more;
For my Lord says, “Come,” and I seek my home,
Where He waits at the open door.

Chorus
The way of the cross leads home,
The way of the cross leads home;
It is sweet to know, as I onward go,
The way of the cross leads home.

Jessie Brown Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment