To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, June 30, 2014

A Grandmother's Bible with Jesus, Savior, pilot me and Cling to the Bible, tho’ all else be taken

Jesus, Savior, pilot me,
Over life’s tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treach’rous shoal;
Chart and compass come from Thee;
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boist’rous waves obey Thy will,
When Thou say’st to them “Be still!”
Wond’rous Sov’reign of the Sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

When at last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
‘Twixt me and my peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
“Fear not, I will pilot thee.”

Rev. Edward Hopper


Cling to the Bible, tho’ all else be taken;
Lose not its promises precious and sure;
Souls that are sleeping its echoes awaken,
Drink from the fountain, so peaceful, so pure.

Cling to the Bible, this jewel, this treasure
Brings to us honor and saves fallen man;
Pearl whose great value no mortal can measure,
Seek and secure it, O soul, while you can.

Lamp for the feet that in by-ways have wander’d,
Guide for the youth that would otherwise fall;
Hope for the sinner whose best days are squander’d,
Staff for the aged, and best book of all.

Chorus

Cling to the Bible!
Cling to the Bible!
Cling to the Bible,
Our Lamp and Guide.

M. J. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment