To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Delicate Looking with As we've sown so shall we reap with Awake, my soul, in joyful lays

As we’ve sown so shall we reap,
When the harvest time appears,
Whether it be joy or gladness, weal or woe,
This is the thought for us to keep,
As thro’ life we onward move,
We shall gather at the harvest what we sow.

As we’ve sown so shall we reap,
In the tide of coming years,
Reaping fruits of sinful life, or time well spent,
Then this thought in view shall keep,
While the hours are going by,
Shall we sow unholy strife or sweet content?

As we’ve sown so shall we reap,
When the fields are ready, white,
And the Master calls for reapers here below,
Let us then this thought still keep,
While the trumpet call is heard,
Shall we ladened well, or empty-handed go?

Chorus
On, on, ever to the harvest,
Sowing either weal or woe,
This the tho’t for us to keep,
As thro’ life we onward move,
We shall gather at the harvest what we sow.

F. M. Davis
Awake, my soul, in joyful lays,
And sing thy great Redeemer’s praise;
He justly claims a song from me,
His loving-kindness is so free.

He saw me ruined in the fall,
Yet loved me notwithstanding all,
And saved me from my lost estate,
His loving-kindness is so great.

Through mighty hosts of cruel foes,
Where earth and hell my way oppose,
He safely leads my soul along,
His loving-kindness is so strong.

So when I pass death’s gloomy vale,
And life and mortal powers shall fail,
O may my last expiring breath
His loving-kindness sing in death.

Then shall I mount, and soar away
To the bright world of endless day;
There shall I sing, with sweet surprise,
His loving-kindness in the skies.

Rev. Samuel Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment