To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Playing with Patterns with We’re over on the stormy side and Holy Bible, book divine

We’re over on the stormy side,
Dark clouds beset our way,
But just across the rolling tide
Beam shores of endless day.

There is another brighter side,
Of life beyond the sky,
Where sin and sorrow ne’er betide,
And loved ones never die.

Our journey here will soon be done,
We’ll enter into rest,
In yonder clime that needs no sun,
Repose on Jesus’ breast.

Soon I shall strike those harps of gold,
Where flowers immortal bloom,
My dear Redeemer’s face behold,
And calmly rest at home.

Chorus
On the other side, beyond the rolling tide,
Jesus is waiting for me;
On the golden shore,
In the grand evermore,
Lov’d ones are watching for me.

Mrs. Emma Pitt
Holy Bible, book divine,
Precious treasure, thou art mine;
Mine to tell me whence I came,
Mine to tell me what I am;

Mine to chide me when I rove,
Mine to show a Savior’s love;
Mine thou art to guide and guard,
Mine to punish or reward;

Mine to comfort in distress,
Suff’ring in this wilderness;
Mine to show, by living faith,
Man can triumph over death;

Mine to tell of joys to come,
And the rebel sinner’s doom;
O thou holy book divine,
Precious treasure, thou art mine.

Chorus
Mine, mine, book divine,
Precious treasure, thou art mine;
O thou holy book divine,
Precious treasure, thou art mine.

John Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment