To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Depression Glass with My Father is rich in houses and lands and Awake, my soul, and with the sun

My Father is rich in houses and lands,
He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands!
Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold;
His coffers are full, He has riches untold.

My Father’s own Son, the Savior of men,
Once wandered o’er earth as the poorest of them,
But now He is reigning forever on high,
And will give me a home in heav’n by and by.

I once was an outcast, stranger on earth,
A sinner by choice, and an alien by birth!
But I’ve been adopted, my name’s written down,
An heir to a mansion, a robe, and a crown.

A tent or a cottage, why should I care?
They’re building a palace for me over there!
Tho’ exiled from home, yet still I may sing;
All glory to God, I’m the child of a King.

Chorus
I’m the child of a King,
The child of a King!
With Jesus, my Savior,
I’m a child of a King!

Hattie E. Buell
Awake, my soul, and with the sun
Thy daily stage of duty run;
Shake off dull sloth, and joyful rise
To pay thy morning sacrifice.

Redeem thy misspent moments past;
And live this day is if thy last:
Improve thy talent with due care;
For the great Day thyself prepare.

Let all thy converse be sincere,
Thy conscience as the noonday clear;
Think how all seeing God thy ways
And all thy secret thoughts surveys.

Wake, and lift up thyself, my heart,
And with the angels bear thy part,
Who all night long unwearied sing
High praise to the eternal King.

All praise to Thee, Who safe hast kept
And hast refreshed me while I slept;
Grant, Lord, when I from death shall wake,
I may of endless light partake.

Lord, I my vows to Thee renew;
Scatter my sins as morning dew;
Guard my first springs of thought and will,
And with Thyself my spirit fill.

Direct, control, suggest, this day,
All I design, or do, or say;
That all my powers, with all their might,
In Thy sole glory may unite.

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, angelic host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Thomas Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment