To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, June 12, 2014

White Peonies in Drinking Glass with Beneath the cross of Jesus and Oh, spirit, o’erwhelmed by thy failures and fears

Beneath the cross of Jesus
I fain would take my stand,
The shadow of a mighty Rock
Within a weary land,
A home within the wilderness,
A rest upon the way,
From the burning of the noontide heat,
And the burden of the day.

Upon that cross of Jesus
Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One
Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart with tears
Two wonders I confess,-
The wonders of His glorious love
And my own worthlessness.

I take, O cross, thy shadow
For my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
The sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by,
To know no gain or loss,
My sinful self my only shame,
My glory all the cross!

Elizabeth C. Clephane

Oh, spirit, o’erwhelmed by thy failures and fears,
Look up to thy Lord, tho’ with trembling and tears:
Weak Faith, to thy call seem the heav’ns only dumb?
To thee is the message, “Hold fast till I come.”

Hold fast when the world would allure thee to sin;
Hold fast when the tempter assails from within;
In sunshine or sadness, in gain or in loss,
To falter were madness; Oh, cling to the cross.

Thy Saviour is coming in tenderest love,
To make up His jewels and bear them above:
Oh, child, in thine anguish, despairing or dumb,
Remember the message, “Hold fast till I come.”

Chorus
Hold fast till I come,
Hold fast till I come;
A bright crown awaits thee;
Hold fast till I come.

Mrs. E. W. Griswold

No comments:

Post a Comment