To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Crabapple and Apple Blossoms with Liliacs then Tulips with When I shall wake in that fair morn of morns and Still will we trust, though earth seem dark and dreary

When I shall wake in that fair morn of morns,
After whose dawning never night returns,
And with whose glory day eternal burns,
I shall be satisfied, be satisfied.

When I shall see Thy glory face to face,
When in Thine arms Thou wilt Thy child embrace,
When Thou shalt open all Thy store of grace,
I shall be satisfied, be satisfied.

When I shall meet with those that I have loved,
Clasp in my arms the dear ones long removed,
And find how faithful Thou to me hast prov’d,
I shall be satisfied, be satisfied.

When I shall gaze upon the face of Him
Who died for me, with eyes no longer dim,
And praise Him with the everlasting hymn,
I shall be satisfied, be satisfied.

Refrain
I shall be satisfied, I shall be satisfied,
When I shall wake in that fair morn of morns;
I shall be satisfied, I shall be satisfied,
When I shall wake in that fair morn of morns.

     Horatius Bonar

Still will we trust, though earth seem dark and dreary,
  And the heart faint beneath his chastening rod,
Though rough and steep our pathway, worn and weary,
  Still will we trust in God.

Our eyes see dimly till by faith anointed,
  And our blind choosing brings us grief and pain;
Through him alone who hath our way appointed,
  We find our peace again.

Choose for us, God! nor let our weak preferring
  Cheat our poor souls of good thou hast designed:
Choose for us, God! thy wisdom is unerring,
  And we are fools and blind.

Let us press on, in patient self-denial,
  Accept the hardship, shrink not from the loss;
Our portion lies beyond the hour of trial,
  Our crown beyond the cross.
                       W. H. Burleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment