To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Peaches, Apples with Dying with Jesus, by death reckoned mine and Not worthy, Lord, to gather up the crumbs

Dying with Jesus, by death reckoned mine;
Living with Jesus, a new life divine;
Looking to Jesus ‘till glory doth shine,
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.

Never a trial that He is not there,
Never a burden that He doth not bear,
Never a sorrow that He doth not share,
Moment by moment I’m under His care.

Never a heartache, and never a groan,
Never a teardrop and never a moan;
Never a danger but there on the throne,
Moment by moment, He thinks of His own.

Never a weakness that He doth not feel,
Never a sickness that He cannot heal;
Moment by moment, in woe or in weal,
Jesus, my Saviour, abides with me still.

Chorus
Moment by moment I’m kept in His love;
Moment by moment I’ve life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, Oh, Lord, I am Thine.
                        D. W. Whittle
Not worthy, Lord, to gather up the crumbs
  With trembling hand that from Thy table fall,
A weary, heavy-laden sinner comes
  To plead Thy promise and obey thy call.

I am not worthy to be thought Thy child,
  Nor sit the last and lowest at Thy board;
Too long a wanderer and too oft beguiled,
  I only ask one reconciling word.

One word from Thee, my Lord, one smile, one look,
  And I could face the cold, rough world again;
And with that treasure in my heart could brook
  The wrath of devils and the scorn of men.

I hear Thy voice; Thou bidd’st me come and rest;
  I come, I kneel, I clasp Thy pierced feet;
Thou bidd’st me take my place, a welcome guest
  Among Thy saints, and of Thy banquet eat.

My praise can only breathe itself in prayer,
  My prayer can only lose itself in Thee;
Dwell Thou for ever in my heart, and there,
  Lord, let me sup with Thee; sup Thou with me.

Bishop Edward H. Bickersteth

No comments:

Post a Comment