To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, April 7, 2014

Looking A Lot Like Spring with Sweet to look back, and see my name and O Christ, what burdens bowed Thy head


Sweet to look back, and see my name
  In life’s fair book set down!
Sweet to look forward, and behold
  Eternal joys my own!

Sweet to reflect how grace divine
  My sins on Jesus laid!
Sweet to remember how His blood
  My debt of suff’ring paid!

Sweet to look upward to the place
  Where Jesus pleads above!
Sweet to behold Him, and attend
  The whispers of His love!

Sweet on His faithfulness to rest,
  Whose love can never end!
Sweet on His covenant of grace
  For all things to depend!

Sweet, in the confidence of faith,
  To trust His firm decrees!
Sweet to lie passive in His hands,
  And know no will but His!
  
     A. M. Toplady

O Christ, what burdens bowed Thy head!
Our load was laid on Thee;
Thou stoodest in the sinner’s stead,
Didst bear all ill for me.
A Victim led, Thy blood was shed;
Now there’s no load for me.

Death and the curse were in our cup-
O Christ, ‘twas full for Thee!
But Thou hast drained the last dark drop-
‘Tis empty now for me.
That bitter cup-love drank it up;
Now blessings’ draught for me.

Jehovah lifted up His rod-
O Christ, it fell on Thee!
Thou wast sore stricken of Thy God;
There’s not one stroke for me.
Thy tears, Thy blood, beneath it flowed;
Thy bruising healeth me.

The tempest’s awful voice was heard-
O Christ, it broke on Thee!
Thy open bosom was my ward,
It braved the storm for me.
Thy form was scarred, Thy visage marred;
Now cloudless peace for me.

Jehovah bade His sword awake-
O Christ, it woke ‘gainst Thee!
Thy blood the flaming blade must slake;
Thy heart its sheath must be-
All for my sake, my peace to make;
Now sleeps that sword for me.

For me, Lord Jesus, Thou hast died,
And I have died in Thee;
Thou’rt risen: my bands are all untied,
And now Thou liv’st in me.
When purified, made white, and tried,
Thy GLORY then for me!

Mrs. A. R. Cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment