To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Teapot, Meadow Sage, White Blossoms and Morning Glories with As lives the flow’r within the seed andWhate’er my God ordains is right

As lives the flow’r within the seed,
As in the cone the tree,
So, praise the God of truth and grace,
His Spirit dwelleth in me.

Once far from God and dead in sin,
No light my heart could see;
But in God’s word the light I found,
Now Christ liveth in me.

As rays of light from yonder sun
The flow’rs of earth set free,
So life and light and love came forth
From Christ living in me.

With longing all my heart is filled,
That like Him I may be,
As on the wond’rous tho’t I dwell,
That Christ liveth in me.

Chorus
Christ liveth in me,
Christ liveth in me,
O what a salvation this,
That Christ liveth in me!

     El. Nathan

  Whate’er my God ordains is right;
  His will is ever just;
Howe’er he orders now my cause,
  I will be still and trust.
    He is my God;
    Though dark my road,
He holds me that I shall not fall,
Wherefore to him I leave it all.

  Whate’er my God ordains is right;
  He never will deceive;
He leads me by the proper path,
  And so to him I cleave,
    And take content
    What he hath sent;
His hand can turn my griefs away,
And patiently I wait his day.

  Whate’er my God ordains is right;
  Though I the cup must drink
That bitter seems to my faint heart,
  I will not fear nor shrink;
    Tears pass away
    With dawn of day;
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart,
And pain and sorrow all depart.

  Whate’er my God ordains is right;
  My light, my life is he,
Who cannot will me aught but good;
  I trust him utterly;
    For well I know,
    In joy or woe,
We soon shall see, as sunlight clear,
How faithful was our guardian here.

  Whate’er my God ordains is right;
  Here will I take my stand,
Though sorrow, need, or death make earth
  For me a desert land.
    My Father’s care
    Is round me there,
He holds me that I shall not fall;
And so to him I leave it all.
     Samuel Rodigast
     Tr. by Catherine Winkworth

No comments:

Post a Comment