To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, April 4, 2014

My Cat and Peonies with Let not thy heart despair and Lord, speak to me, that I may speak

Let not thy heart despair,
Nor be afraid;
God heareth earnest pray’r,
He giveth aid;
He is thy Helper nigh,
And will thy need supply;
Then on His love reply,
Calm, undismayed.

What tho’ misfortunes fall
Part of thy lot;
They cannot take thine all,
God changeth not;
Look up with hopeful glance,
Be of glad countenance;
Onward in faith advance,
Sadness forgot.

This earth is not the home,
Where thou shalt stay;
Here constant changes come,
Time speeds away;
Yet when life’s transient gleam
Fades like a passing dream,
Brightly on thee will beam
An endless day.
                   Rev. R. F. Gordon
Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
  In living echoes of Thy tone;
As thou hast sought, so let me seek
  Thy erring children lost and lone.

O lead me, Lord, that I may lead
  The wandering and the wavering feet;
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
  Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.

O strengthen me, that while I stand
  Firm on the Rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
  To wrestlers with the troubled sea.

O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
  The precious things Thou dost impart;
And wing my words, that they may reach
  The hidden depths of many a heart.

O use me, Lord, use even me,
  Just as Thou wilt, and when, and where;
Until Thy blessed face I see,
  Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share.

Frances R. Havergal

No comments:

Post a Comment