To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, April 25, 2014

Dried Meadow Sage, Fresh Butterfly Bush Blooms and Flowering Quince with I belong to Jesus and Commit thou all thy griefs

I belong to Jesus;
  I am not my own;
All I have and all I am,
  Shall be His alone.

I belong to Jesus;
  He is Lord and King,
Reigning in my inmost heart,
  Over ev’rything.

I belong to Jesus;
  What can hurt or harm,
When He folds around my soul
  His almighty Arm?

I belong to Jesus;
  Blessed, blessed thought!
With His own most precious blood
  Has my soul been bought.

I belong to Jesus;
  He has died for me;
I am His and He is mine,
  Through eternity.

I belong to Jesus;
  He will keep my soul,
When the deathly waters dark
  Round about me roll.

I belong to Jesus;
  And ere long I’ll stand
With my precious Saviour there,
  In the glory land.

 M. Fraser

  Commit thou all thy griefs
  And ways into his hands,
To his sure trust and tender care
  Who earth and heaven commands;

  Who points the clouds their course,
  Whom winds and seas obey,
He shall direct thy wandering feet,
  He shall prepare thy way.

  Thou on the Lord rely,
  So, safe, shalt thou go on;
Fix on his work thy steadfast eye,
  So shall thy work be done.

  No profit canst thou gain
  By self-consuming care;
To him commend thy cause; his ear
  Attends the softest prayer.

  Thy everlasting truth,
  Father, thy ceaseless love,
Sees all thy children’s wants, and knows
  What best for each will prove.

  Thou everywhere hast sway,
  And all things serve thy might;
Thy every act pure blessing is,
  Thy path unsullied light.
     Paul Gerhardt
     Tr. by John Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment