To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Peonies, Lilacs with Gazing on the Lord in glory and I love to tell the Story

Gazing on the Lord in glory,
  While our hearts in worship bow,
There we read the wondrous story
  Of the cross, its shame and woe:

Ev’ry mark of dark dishonor
  Heaped upon the thorn-crowned brow,
All the depths of Thy heart’s sorrow,
  Told in answ’ring glory now!

On that cross, alone, forsaken,
  Where no pitying eye was found;
Now, to God’s right hand exalted,
  With Thy praise the heav’ns resound!

Did Thy God e’en then forsake Thee,
  Hide His face from Thy deep need?
In Thy face, once marred and smitten,
  All His glory now we read.

Gazing on it we adore Thee,
  Blessed, precious, holy Lord!
Thou, the Lamb, alone art worthy-
  This be earth’s and heav’n’s accord.

Rise our hearts, and bless the Father-
  Ceaseless song e’en here begun;
Endless praise and adoration
  To the Father and the Son!

     Miss C. Thompson

I love to tell the Story
  Of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His Glory,
  Of Jesus and His love!
I love to tell the Story!
  Because I know it’s true;
It satisfies my longings,
  As nothing else would do.

I love to tell the Story!
  More wonderful it seems,
Than all the golden fancies
  Of all our golden dreams.
I love to tell the Story!
  It did so much for me!
And that is just the reason,
  I tell it now to thee.

I love to tell the Story!
  ‘Tis pleasant to repeat
What seems, each time I tell it,
  More wonderfully sweet.
I love to tell the Story;
  For some have never heard
The message of salvation
  From God’s own Holy Word.

I love to tell the Story!
  For those who know it best
Seem hungering and thirsting
  To hear it, like the rest.
And when, in scenes of glory,
  I sing the NEW, NEW SONG,
‘Twill be-the OLD, OLD STORY
  That I have loved so long.

Chorus
I love to tell the Story!
‘Twill be my theme in glory,
To tell the Old, Old Story
Of Jesus and His love.
                              Miss Kate Hankey

No comments:

Post a Comment