To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, April 18, 2014

Dried Daffodils with I will sing the wondrous story and O crown of rejoicing that’s waiting for me

I will sing the wondrous story,
Of the Christ who died for me,
How He left His home in glory,
For the cross on Calvary.

I was lost, but Jesus found me,
Found the sheep that went astray;
Threw His loving arms around me,
Drew me back into His way.

I was bruised, but Jesus healed me,
Faint was I from many a fall,
Sight was gone, and fears possessed me,
But He freed me from them all.

Days of darkness still come o’er me,
Sorrow’s paths I often tread,
But the Saviour still is with me,
By His hand I’m safely led.

He will keep me till the river
Rolls its waters at my feet;
Then He’ll bear me safely over,
Where the loved ones I shall meet.

Chorus
Yes, I’ll sing the wondrous story
Of the Christ who died for me,
Sing it with the saints in glory,
Gathered by the crystal sea.
                        F. H. Rowley  


O crown of rejoicing that’s waiting for me,
When finished my course, and when Jesus I see,
And when from my Lord comes the sweet sounding word:
“Receive faithful servant, the joy of thy Lord.”

O wonderful song that in glory I’ll sing,
To Him who redeemed me to Jesus my King;
All glory and honor to Him shall be given,
And praises unceasing forever in heaven.

O joy everlasting when heaven is won,
Forever in glory to shine as the sun;
No sorrow nor sighing-these all flee away,
No night there, no shadows-’tis one endless day.

O wonderful name which the glorified bear,
The new name which Jesus bestows on us there;
To him that o’ercometh ‘twill only be given,
Blest sign of approval, our welcome to heaven.

Chorus
O crown of rejoicing, O wonderful song;
O joy everlasting, O glorified throng;
O beautiful home, my home can it be?
O glory reserved for me!

Rev. J. B. Atchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment