To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunflowers and Oranges with Servant of God, well done and One more day's work for Jesus

Servant of God, well done!
Rest from thy lov’d employ:
The battle fought, the vict’ry won,
Enter thy Master’s joy.

The voice at midnight came;
He started up to hear:
A mortal arrow pierced his frame;
He fell, but felt no fear.

At midnight came the cry,
“To meet thy God prepare!”
He woke,-and caught his Captain’s eye,
Then, strong in faith and prayer,

His spirit with a bound
Left its encumbering clay:
His tent, at sunrise, on the ground
A darkened ruin lay.

The pains of death are past;
Labor and sorrow cease;
And life’s long warfare closed at last,
His soul is found in peace.

Soldier of Christ!  well done!
Praise be thy new employ;
And while eternal ages run,
Rest in thy Saviour’s joy.
                       James Montgomery

One more day’s work for Jesus;
  One less of life for me!
    But heav’n is nearer,
    And Christ is dearer,
Than yesterday to me;
    His love and light
    Fill all my soul tonight.

One more day’s work for Jesus;
  How glorious is my King!
    ‘Tis joy, not duty,
    To speak His beauty;
My soul mounts on the wing
    At the mere tho’t
    How Christ my life has bought.

One more day’s work for Jesus;
  How sweet the work has been,
    To tell the story,
    To show the glory,
When Christ’s flock enter in!
    How it did shine
    In this poor heart of mine!

One more day’s work for Jesus-
  Oh, yes, a weary day;
    But heav’n shines clearer,
    And rest comes nearer,
At each step of the way;
    And Christ in all-
    Before His face I fall.

Oh, blessed work for Jesus!
  Oh, rest at Jesus’ feet!
    There toil seems pleasure.
    My wants are treasure.
And pain for Him is sweet,
    Lord, if I may,
    I’ll serve another day.

Chorus
One more day’s work for Jesus,
One more day’s work for Jesus,
One more day’s work for Jesus,
One less of life for me.
                       Miss Anna Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment