To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cosmos with She loved her Saviour, and to him and He leadeth me! oh! blessed thought

  She loved her Saviour, and to him
  Her costliest present brought;
To crown his head, or grace his name,
  No gift too rare she thought.

  So let the Saviour be adored,
  And not the poor despised;
Give to the hungry from your hoard,
  But all, give all to Christ.

  Go, clothe the naked, lead the blind,
  Give to the weary rest;
For sorrow’s children comfort find,
  And help for all distressed;

  But give to Christ alone thy heart,
  Thy faith, thy love supreme;
Then for his sake thine alms impart,
  And so give all to him.

William CutterHe leadeth me! oh! blessed thought,
Oh! words with heav’nly comfort fraught;
Whate’er I do, where’er I be,
Still ‘tis God’s hand that leadeth me.

Sometimes ‘mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,-
Still ‘tis God’s hand that leadeth me.

Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine-
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ‘tis my God that leadeth me.

And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the victory’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
Since God through Jordan leadeth me.

Chorus
He leadeth me!  He leadeth me!
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

Jos. H. Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment