To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fall Pears in a Basket with O who, in such a world as this and When the storms of life are raging

  O who, in such a world as this,
  Could bear his lot of pain,
Did not one radiant hope of bliss
  Unclouded yet remain?

  That hope the sovereign Lord has given
  Who reigns above the skies;
Hope that unites the soul to heaven
  By faith’s endearing ties.

  Each care, each ill of mortal birth,
  Is sent in pitying love,
To lift the lingering heart from earth,
  And speed its flight above.

  And every pang that wrings the breast,
  And every joy that dies,
Bid us to seek a purer rest,
  And trust to holier ties.
                    James Montgomery


When the storms of life are raging,
Tempests wild on sea and land,
I will seek a place of refuge
In the shadow of God’s hand.

Though He may send some affliction,
‘Twill but make me long for home;
For in love and not in anger,
All His chastenings will come.

Enemies may strive to injure,
Satan all his arts employ;
He will turn what seems to harm me
Into everlasting joy.

So, while here the cross I’m bearing,
Meeting storms and billows wild,
Jesus, for my soul is caring,
Naught can harm His Father’s child.

Chorus
He will hide me, He will hide me,
Where no harm can e’er betide me;
He will hide me, safely hide me
In the shadow of His hand.
                              Mrs. M. E. Servoss

No comments:

Post a Comment