To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Spring Flowers on Plate with O God, thou art my God alone and Sovereign Ruler of the skies

  O God, thou art my God alone;
  Early to thee my soul shall cry;
A pilgrim in a land unknown,
  A thirsty land, whose springs are dry.

  Thee, in the watches of the night
  When I remember on my bed,
Thy presence makes the darkness light
  Thy guardian wings are round my head.

  Better than life itself, thy love;
  Dearer than all beside to me;
For whom have I in heaven above,
  Or what on earth, compared with thee?

  Praise with my heart, my mind, my voice,
  For all thy mercy I will give;
My soul shall still in God rejoice,
  My tongue shall bless thee while I live.

James Montgomery

Sovereign Ruler of the skies!
Ever gracious, ever wise!
All my times are in Thy hand,
All events at Thy command.

His decree, who form’d the earth,
Fix’d my first and second birth;
Parents, native place, and time-
All appointed were by Him.

He that form’d me in the womb,
He shall guide me to the tomb;
All my times shall ever be
Order’d by His wise decree.

Times of sickness, times of health;
Times of penury and wealth;
Times of trial and of grief;
Times of triumph and relief;

Times the tempter’s power to prove;
Times to taste a Saviour’s love:
All must come, and last, and end,
As shall please my heavenly Friend.

Plagues and deaths around me fly,
Till He bids I cannot die;
Not a single shaft can hit
Till the God of love thinks fit.

Thou Gracious, Wise, and Just,
In Thy hands my life I trust:
Have I somewhat dearer still?
I resign it to Thy will.

May I always own Thy hand
Still to the surrender stand;
Know that Thou art God alone,
I and mine are all Thine own.

Thee, at all times, will I bless;
Having Thee, I all possess;
How can I bereaved be,
Since I cannot part with Thee?

John Ryland

No comments:

Post a Comment