To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Black-eyed Susans with Jesus, while our hearts are bleeding and Arise, my soul, arise

  Jesus, while our hearts are bleeding
  O’er the spoils that death has won,
We would, at this solemn meeting,
  Calmly say, “Thy will be done.”

  Though cast down, we’re not forsaken;
  Though afflicted, not alone:
Thou didst give, and thou hast taken;
  Blessed Lord, “Thy will be done.”

  Though to-day we’re filled with mourning,
  Mercy still is on the throne;
With thy smiles of love returning,
  We can sing, “Thy will be done.”

  By thy hands the boon was given;
  Thou hast taken but thine own:
Lord of earth, and God of heaven,
  Evermore, “Thy will be done.”

Thomas Hastings


Arise, my soul, arise;
Shake off thy guilty fears;
The bleeding sacrifice
In my behalf appears;
Before the throne my Surety stands,
Before the throne my Surety stands,
My name is written on His hands.

He ever lives above,
For me to intercede;
His all redeeming love,
His precious blood to plead;
His blood atoned for all our race,
His blood atoned for all our race,
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.

Five bleeding wounds He bears,
Received on Calvary;
They pour effectual prayers,
They strongly plead for me;
Forgive him, oh, forgive, they cry,
Forgive him, oh, forgive, they cry,
Nor let that ransomed sinner die.

My God is reconciled;
His pard’ning voice I hear;
He owns me for His child;
I can no longer fear;
With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And Father, Abba, Father, cry.

Ch. Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment