To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Not a Reflection with Though all the world my choice deride and I hear the Saviour say

  Though all the world my choice deride,
  Yet Jesus shall my portion be;
For I am pleased with none beside;
  The fairest of the fair is he.

  Sweet is the vision of thy face,
  And kindness o’er thy lips is shed;
Lovely art thou, and full of grace,
  And glory beams around thy head.

  Thy sufferings I embrace with thee,
  Thy poverty and shameful cross;
The pleasures of the world I flee,
  And deem its treasure only dross.

  Be daily dearer to my heart,
  And ever let me feel thee near;
Then willingly with all I’d part,
  Nor count it worthy of a tear.

Gerhard Tersteegen
I hear the Saviour say,
  Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
  Find in Me thine all in all.

Lord, now indeed I find
  Thy pow’r, and that alone,
Can change the leper’s spots,
  And melt the heart of stone.

For nothing good have I
  Whereby Thy grace to claim-
I’ll wash my garments white
  In the blood of Calvary’s Lamb.

When from my dying bed
  My ransomed soul shall rise,
Then “Jesus paid it all”
  Shall rend the vaulted skies.

And when before the throne
  I stand in Him complete,
I’ll lay my trophies down,
  All down at Jesus’ feet.

Chorus
Jesus, paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain:
He washed it white as snow.

Elvina M. Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment