To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, September 9, 2013

White Roses in Blue Vase with God is our refuge and defense and O Lord, I would delight in thee,

  God is our refuge and defense;
  In trouble our unfailing aid:
Secure in his omnipotence,
  What foe can make our souls afraid?

  Yea, though the earth’s foundations rock,
  And mountains down the gulf be hurled,
His people smile amid the shock:
  They look beyond this transient world.

  There is a river pure and bright,
  Whose streams make glad the heavenly plains;
Where, in eternity of light,
  The city of our God remains.

  Built by the word of his command,
  With his unclouded presence blest,
Firm as his throne the bulwarks stand;
  There is our home, our hope, our rest.

James Montgomery
O Lord, I would delight in thee,
  And on thy care depend;
To thee in every trouble flee,
  My best, my only friend.

When all created streams are dri’d,
  Thy fulness is the same;
May I with this be satisfi’d,
  And glory in thy name.

Why should the soul a drop bemoan
  Who has a fountain near?
A fountain which will ever run
  With waters sweet and clear.

No good in creatures can be found,
  But may be found in thee;
I must have all things and abound,
  While God is God to me.

O Lord, I cast my care on thee,
  I triumph and adore;
Henceforth my concern shall be
  To love and please thee more.

Dr. Ryland

No comments:

Post a Comment