To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Meal with Jesus calls us, o’er the tumult and Here, O my Lord, I see Thee face to face

Jesus calls us, o’er the tumult
Of our life’s wild, restless sea,
Day by day his sweet voice soundeth,
Saying, “Christian, follow me.”

Jesus calls us from the worship
Of the vain world’s golden store;
From each idol that would keep us,
Saying, “Christian, love me more.”

In our joys and in our sorrows,
Days of toil and hours of ease,
Still he calls, in cares and pleasures;
“Christian, love me more than these.”

Jesus calls us:  by thy mercies,
Saviour, may we hear thy call,
Give our hearts to thy obedience,
Serve and love thee best of all.

Mrs. C. F. Alexander
Here, O my Lord, I see Thee face to face;
  Here would I touch and handle things unseen;
Here grasp with firmer hand eternal grace,
  And all my weariness upon Thee lean.

Here would I feed upon the Bread of God;
  Here drink with Thee the royal Wine of heaven;
Here would I lay aside each earthly load,
  Here taste afresh the calm of sin forgiven.

I have no help but Thine; nor do I need
  Another arm save Thine to lean upon;
It is enough, my Lord, enough indeed;
  My strength is in Thy might, Thy might alone.

Mine is the sin, but Thine the righteousness:
  Mine is the guilt, but Thine the cleansing Blood:
Here is my robe, my refuge, and my peace;
  Thy Blood, Thy righteousness, O Lord my God!

Horatius Bonar

No comments:

Post a Comment