To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Daylilies with When the day is dark and lonely and I’m waiting for Thee, Lord

When the day is dark and lonely,
Don’t forget to pray;
Prayer will make your pathway brighter,
Drive the clouds away.
For your loving heav’nly Father
Listens when you call,
And in mercy, He will answer,
Trust Him for it all.

When the sun is brightly shining,
Don’t forget to pray;
Let the Savior share your gladness,
On your pilgrim way;
For He longs to walk beside you,
Your most trusted Friend,
And abide thro’ storm and sunshine
To your journey’s end.

O the bliss this wondrous friendship
Will your soul afford,
Dwelling thus in close communion
With your loving Lord;
Till in Heav’n you shall behold Him,
See Him face to face,
And thro’out eternal ages
Praise Him for His grace.

Chorus
Tell Him all your sorrows,
He will turn your night to day,
“In the secret of His presence,”
Don’t forget to pray.

Miriam E. Arnold

  I’m waiting for thee, Lord,
  Thy beauty to see, Lord,
I’m waiting for Thee - for Thy coming again.
  Thou’rt gone over there, Lord,
  A place to prepare, Lord,
Thy home I shall share at Thy coming again.

  ‘Mid danger and fear, Lord,
  I’m oft weary here, Lord,
The day must be near of Thy coming again.
  ‘Tis all sunshine there, Lord,
  No sighing nor care, Lord,
But glory so fair at Thy coming again.

  Whilst Thou art away, Lord,
  I stumble and stray, Lord,
Oh, hasten the day of Thy coming again.
  This is not my rest, Lord,
  A pilgrim confessed, Lord,
I wait to be blest at Thy coming again.

  E’en now let my ways, Lord,
  Be bright with Thy praise, Lord,
For brief are the days ere Thy coming again.
  I’m waiting for Thee, Lord,
  Thy beauty to see, Lord,
No triumph for me like Thy coming again.

Hannah K. Burlingham

No comments:

Post a Comment