To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Prairie Fire with Bow’d beneath your burden, is there none to share? and I journey thro’ a desert, drear and wild

Bow’d beneath your burden, is there none to share?
Weary with the journey, is there none to care?
Courage, wayworn trav’ler, heed your Lord’s commands,
There’s a tho’t to cheer you, Jesus understands.

Ev’ry heavy burden he will gladly share,
Are you sad and weary?  Jesus has a care;
Well he knows the pathway o’er life’s burning sands,
Courage, fainting pilgrim, Jesus understands.

Tho’ temptation meet you, Jesus can sustain,
Life has vexing problems which he can explain;
Serve him where he sends you though in distant lands,
Do not doubt or question, Jesus understands.

Weary heart, he calls you, “Come to me and rest,”
Does the path grow rugged?  yet his way is best;
Leave the unknown future in the Master’s hands,
Whether sad or joyful, Jesus understands.

Chorus
Yes, he understands,
All his ways are best.
Hear, he calls to you, “Come to me and rest.”
Leave the unknown future in the Master’s hand,
Whether sad or joyful, Jesus understands.

Birdie BellI journey thro’ a desert, drear and wild,
Yet is my heart by such sweet thoughts beguiled-
Of Him on Whom I lean, my Strength, my Stay-
I can forget the sorrows of the way.

Thoughts of His sojourn in this vale of tears-
The tale of love unfolded in those years
Of sinless suff’ring, and patient grace-
I love again, and yet again, to trace.

Thoughts of His glory! on the Cross I gaze,
And there behold its sad yet healing rays-
Beacon of hope which, lifted up on high,
Illumes with heav’nly light the tear-dimmed eye!

Thoughts of His coming! for that joyful day
In patient hope I watch and wait and pray:
The dawn draws nigh! the midnight shadows flee!
O what a sunrise will that Advent be!

Thus while I journey on my Lord to meet,
My thoughts and meditations are so sweet-
Of Him on Whom I lean, my Strength, my Stay-
I can forget the sorrows of the way!

Jane Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment