To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sunset and Jesus, my strength, my hope with My bark is watfted to the strand

  Jesus, my strength, my hope,
  On thee I cast my care;
With humble confidence look up,
  And know thou hear’st my prayer.
Give me on thee to wait,
  Till I can all things do;
On thee, almighty to create,
  Almighty to renew.

  I want a sober mind,
  A self-renouncing will,
That tramples down, and casts behind,
  The baits of pleasing ill:
A soul inured to pain,
  To hardship, grief, and loss;
Bold to take up, firm to sustain,
  The consecrated cross.

  I want a godly fear,
  A quick discerning eye,
That looks to thee when sin is near,
  And sees the tempter fly:
A spirit still prepared,
  And armed with jealous care;
Forever standing on its guard,
  And watching unto prayer.

Charles Wesley
  My bark is wafted to the strand
 By breath divine,
And on its helm there rests a hand
  Other than mine.

  One who was known in storms to sail
  I have on board;
Above the roaring of the gale
  I hear my Lord.

  Safe to the land! safe to the land!
  The end is this,
And then with him go hand in hand,
  Far into bliss.

Henry Alford

No comments:

Post a Comment