To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Peonies in Gold Colored Vase with Which of the monarchs of the earth and I bless the Christ of God

  Which of the monarchs of the earth
  Can boast a guard like ours,
Encircled from our second birth
  With all the heavenly powers?

  Myriads of bright, cherubic bands,
  Sent by the King of kings,
Rejoice to bear us in their hands,
  And shade us with their wings.

  Angels, where’er we go, attend
  Our steps, whate’er betide;
With watchful care their charge defend,
  And evil turn aside.

  Our lives those holy angels keep
  From every hostile power;
And, unconcerned, we sweetly sleep,
  As Adam in his bower.

  And when our spirits we resign,
  On outstretched wings they bear,
And lodge us in the arms divine,
  And leave us ever there.

Charles Wesley
I bless the Christ of God;
  I rest on love divine;
And with unfalt’ring lip and heart
  I call the Saviour mine.

His cross dispels each doubt;
  I bury in His tomb
Each thought of unbelief and fear,
  Each ling’ring shade of gloom.

I praise the God of grace;
  I trust His truth and might;
He calls me His, I call Him mine,-
  My God, my joy, my light.

‘Tis He who saveth me,
  And freely pardon gives!
I love because He loveth me,
  I live because He lives.

My life with Him is hid;
  My death has passed away;
My clouds have melted into light,
  My midnight into day!

Horatius Bonar

No comments:

Post a Comment