To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, September 12, 2013

White Cosmos and Blue Vases with In the burden and heat of the wearisome day and ‘Tis now in part I know his grace

In the burden and heat of the wearisome day,
Ye are toiling ye children of men;
But the work will be done at the setting of sun,
And the Master will come for you then.

In the hour of your sorrow, in sickness and pain,
Look above where the light shineth clear;
There are songs in the night for the children of light,
For the loving Redeemer is near.

When the struggle is hard and the way seemeth long,
And the loneliness bitter to bear;
Ever close to your side is your Saviour and guide
At the end of the road it is fair.

And  the end of the road, at the portals of light,
You will learn why the way was so long;
If the joy of the Lord shall be then your reward,
Let him now be your strength and your song.

Chorus

O be glad as you labor and time weareth on,
For the word of the Master is peace,
In the joy of your Lord
Shall be endless reward, and the toil and the tumult shall cease.

Julia H. Johnston
‘Tis now in part I know his grace;
I catch sweet glimpses of his face,
But in that better world of his
I shall behold him as he is.

‘Tis now in part I know his love;
Bright sunbeams shine from skies above;
But glories more exceeding far
Shall rise beyond life’s evening star.

‘Tis now in part I understand
The leadings of my Father’s hand;
But I shall own his ways were right,
When welcomed to his home of light.

‘Tis now in part, but O how sweet
To rest by faith at his dear feet;
Though now we see as through a glass,
The veil will lift, the shadows pass.

Chorus

Then shall I know as I am known,
And sing his praise before the throne;
Then shall I know as I am known,
And sing his praise before the throne.

E. E. Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment