To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Friday, January 24, 2014

Rose Fence with We will sing the old, old story and Do not I love Thee, O my Lord

We will sing the old, old story,
Tho’ you ask for something new;
‘Tis our passport home to glory;
Jesus died for me and you.

We will sing his great salvation,
Sing of Christ, and him alone,
Till in ev’ry clime and nation
His beloved name is known.

Yes, we’ll sing the old, old story,
O’er and o’er the song repeat,
Till we see the King in glory,
Kneeling at his blessed feet.

Chorus
Yes, we’ll sing the old, old story,
Ever old and ever new,
How the Lord of life and glory,
Came to save both me and you.
                                  Mary R. Tilden
  Do not I love Thee, O my Lord?
  Behold my heart, and see,
And turn each hateful idol out,
  That dares to rival Thee.

  Do not I love Thee from my soul?
  Then let me nothing love;
Dead be my heart to every joy
  Which Thou dost not approve.

  Hast Thou a lamb in all Thy flock
  I would disdain to feed?
Hast Thou a foe before whose face
  I fear Thy cause to plead?

  Thou knowest I love Thee, dearest Lord?
  But O I long to soar,
Far from the sphere of mortal joys,
  That I may love Thee more.

Rev. Philip Doddridge

No comments:

Post a Comment