To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Green Cross on Door with I was poor as the poorest, outcast from the fold and Thou very present Aid

I was poor as the poorest, outcast from the fold,
I sank by the wayside with hunger and cold;
But he bade me look up, all his riches behold;
O the wealth of the world is Jesus.

I was poor as the poorest, I shrank from the throng,
I hid in the darkness that dwelt with me long;
But he came like the morning with sunlight and song,
Now the light of my life is Jesus.

I was poor as the poorest, I wandered alone,
No dwelling had I, and my pillow a stone;
But I heard someone whisper, “My child, still my own;”
Now the peace of my heart is Jesus.

I was poor as the poorest, he came from the sky
With love that was deathless, for sinners to die;
And he bled on the cross, and my heart said, “’Tis I;”
Now the love in my soul is Jesus.

I was poor as the poorest, till Jesus stooped low
And washed all my sins of the whiteness of snow;
And so that is the reason I love him, you know;
O the wealth of the world is Jesus.

Chorus
I was poor as the poorest outcast from the fold,
But he gave me great treasure of silver and gold;
And a mansion above that will never grow old,
For the wealth of the world is Jesus.
                        Frank H. Mashaw

  Thou very present Aid
  In suff’ring and distress,
The mind which still on Thee is stayed,
  Is kept in perfect peace.

  The soul by faith reclined
  On the Redeemer’s breast,
‘Mid raging storms, exults to find
  An everlasting rest.

  Sorrow and fear are gone,
  Whene’er Thy face appears;
It stills the sighing orphan’s moan,
  And dries the widow’s tears.

  It hallows every cross;
  It sweetly comforts me;
It makes me now forget my loss,
  And lose myself in Thee.

  Jesus, to whom I fly,
  Doth all my wishes fill;
What though created streams are dry?
  I have the fountain still.

  Stripped of each earthly friend,
  I find them all in one,
And peace and joy which never end,
  And heaven, in Christ, begun.

Rev. Charles Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment