To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Antique Vase, Fall Leaves with There is rest, there is peace in the promise and I hear the words of love

There is rest, there is peace in the promise
Of Jesus, my Savior and King:
Tho’ the storm clouds the pathway may darken,
In triumph his praises I sing;
For his love thro’ each sorrow doth cheer me,
His promise unfailing is mine;
Thro’ each peril he ever is near me
To guard by his power divine.

There is rest, there is peace in the promise
That never, no never grows old;
There is comfort and hope for the weary,
And blessings that cannot be told;
For the Lord who hath promised is faithful,
And able, and willing to do
All the things which his pure lips have spoken
To those who are humble and true.

There is rest, there is peace in the promise
Of Jesus, my Savior and Friend;
For his blessings are free and unceasing,
His mercies our footsteps attend;
He is with us thro’ all of life’s journey,
He knoweth the way that we take;
With his eye he doth guide and direct us,
Still faithful tho’ others forsake.

Chorus
There is rest, there is peace in the promise,
There is joy in the love of my King,
So with gladness his footsteps I follow,
And ever his praises I sing.
                                 Ida L. Reed  I hear the words of love,
  I gaze upon the blood,
I see the mighty sacrifice,
  And I have peace with God.

  ‘Tis everlasting peace,
  Sure as Jehovah’s name;
‘Tis stable as His steadfast throne,
  For evermore the same.

  The clouds may go and come,
  And storms may sweep my sky;
This blood-sealed friendship changes not,
  The cross is ever nigh.

  I change-He changes not;
  The Christ can never die;
His love, not mine, the resting-place;
  His truth, not mine, the tie.

  My love is oftimes low,
  My joy still ebbs and flows;
But peace with Him remains the same,
  No change Jehovah knows.

Rev. Horatius Bonar

No comments:

Post a Comment