To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, January 27, 2014

My Dog with What are you doing for Jesus and Quiet, Lord, my froward heart

What are you doing for Jesus,
As you journey thro’ life?
Sowing the grain for the harvest,
Or scattering seeds of strife?

What are you doing for Jesus?
Are you striving each day,
By little acts of kindness,
To brighten someone’s way?

What are you doing for Jesus?
Soon comes setting of sun;
Hasten to tell the glad tidings,
Lest you leave some work undone.

Chorus
What are you doing,
As the days go by?
What are you doing,
Doing for Jesus?
What are you doing,
As the days go by?
                               Emily P. Miller
Quiet, Lord, my froward heart,
  Make me teachable and mild,
Upright, simple, free from art,
  Make me as a weaned child:
From distrust and envy free,
Pleased with all that pleases Thee.

What Thou shalt to-day provide,
  Let me as a child receive;
What to-morrow may betide,
  Calmly to Thy wisdom leave:
‘Tis enough that Thou wilt care;
Why should I the burden bear?

As a little child relies
  On a care beyond his own,
Knows he’s neither strong nor wise,
  Fears to stir a step alone,-
Let me thus with Thee abide,
As my Father, guard, and guide.

Thus preserved from Satan’s wiles,
  Safe from dangers, free from fears,
May I live upon Thy smiles,
  Till the promised hour appears,
When the sons of God shall prove
All their Father’s boundless love.

Rev. John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment