To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Flowers, Cat with Do you slumber in your tent, Christian soldier and Saviour, I look to Thee

Do you slumber in your tent, Christian soldier,
While the foe is spreading woe thro’ the land?
Do you note his rising pow’r,
Growing bolder, ev’ry hour?
Will he not our land devour, while you stand?

Can you linger in your tent, Christian soldier?
Satan’s smiling o’er your idle delay;
Thousands perish while you wait,
While you counsel and debate;
Heed you not their awful fate, as they stray?

Let us rise in holy wrath, Christian soldiers,
Crush the evil ‘neath the heel of our might!
Counting cost no longer wait,
Forward, manhood of the state!
For in God your strength is great for the right.

Chorus
Let us arise! all unite!
Let us arise! in our might!
Let us arise! speak for God and the right;
Tho’ our numbers may be few,
God will lead us safely through,
And our arms with strength endue by his might.
                                    E. D. Mund

Saviour, I look to Thee,
Be not Thou far from me
     ‘Mid storms that lower;
On me Thy care bestow,
Thy lovingkindness show,
Thine arms around me throw,
     This trying hour.

Saviour, I look to Thee,
Feeble as infancy,
     Gird up my heart:
Author of life and light,
Thou hast an arm of might,
Thine is the sovereign right,
     Thy strength impart.

Saviour, I look to Thee,
Let me Thy fulness see,
     Save me from fear;
While at Thy cross I kneel,
All my backslidings heal,
And a free pardon seal,
     My soul to cheer.

Saviour, I look to Thee,
Thine shall the glory be,
     Hearer of prayer:
Thou art my only aid,
On Thee my soul is stayed,
Naught can my heart invade,
     While Thou art near.

Thomas Hastings

No comments:

Post a Comment