To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Bit of Color with Do you know a heart that hungers and Yes, for me, for me He careth

Do you know a heart that hungers
For a word of love and cheer?
There are many, you may find them
In the byways far and near;
And to weak, discourag’d comrades,
Speak the word that’s needed so,
And your own heart will be strengthen’d
By the help that you bestow.

It may be that some one falters
On the brink of sin and wrong,
Just a word from you might save him,
Make the falt’ring brother strong.
Then be earnest! look about you!
What a sin is yours and mine,
If we see that help is needed,
And we give no friendly sign.

Never think kind deeds are wasted,
Bread upon the waves are they;
And the tides of God may bring them
Back to us some coming day,
Back to us when sorely needed,
In a time of sharp distress,
So let’s do them gladly, knowing
Gift and giver God will bless.

Chorus
Would you double all the blessings,
As they come from day to day?
Go, and share them with another,
Scatter sunshine by the way.
                                  Eben E. Rexford

Yes, for me, for me He careth
  With a brother’s tender care;
Yes, with me, with me He shareth
  Ev’ry burden, ev’ry fear.

Yes, o’er me, o’er me He watcheth,
  Ceaseless watcheth, night and day;
Yes, e’en me, e’en me He snatcheth
  From the perils of the way.

Yes, for me He standeth pleading
  At the mercy-seat above;
Ever for me interceding,
  Constant in untiring love.

Yes, in me, in me He dwelleth;
  I in Him, and He in me!
And my empty soul He filleth,
  Here and through eternity.

Thus I wait for His returning,
  Singing all the way to heaven;
Such the joyful song of morning,
  Such the tranquil song of even.

Rev. Horatius Bonar

No comments:

Post a Comment