To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Food, Flowers with O when shall we sweetly remove and How sweet the name of Jesus sounds

  O when shall we sweetly remove,
  O when shall we enter our rest,
Return to the Zion above,
  The mother of spirits distressed!
That city of God the great King,
  Where sorrow and death are no more,
But saints our Immanuel sing,
  And cherub and seraph adore.

  Not all the archangels can tell
  The joys of that holiest place,
Where Jesus is pleased to reveal
  The light of his heavenly face:
When, caught in the rapturous flame,
  The sight beatific they prove,
And walk in the light of the Lamb,
  Enjoying the beams of his love.

  Thou know’st in the spirit of prayer
  We long thy appearing to see,
Resigned to the burden we bear,
  But longing to triumph with thee:
‘Tis good at thy word to be here;
  ‘Tis better in thee to be gone,
And see thee in glory appear,
  And rise to a share in thy throne.

     Charles Wesley
How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer’s ear;
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away his fear.

It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
‘Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary, rest.

Dear Name, the Rock on which I build
My shield and hiding place;
My never failing treasure, filled
With boundless stores of grace.

Jesus my Shepherd, Saviour, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest, and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.

I would Thy boundless love proclaim
With ev’ry fleeting breath;
So shall the music of Thy Name
Refresh my soul in death.

Rev. John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment