To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Candle, Flowers with You’re sighing today ‘neath a burden of care and O Love that wilt not let me go

You’re sighing today ‘neath a burden of care,
‘Tis more than your sad, fainting spirit can bear,
Don’t seek from the future new trouble to borrow,
But leave in Christ’s hand the keys of tomorrow.

Your way may be clouded, your future concealed,
And scarcely the present is clearly reveal’d;
‘Twill strengthen in weakness and comfort in sorrow
To leave in Christ’s hand the keys of tomorrow.

Don’t take anxious tho’t for your raiment and food,
Your Father will give you whatever is good;
No lines of despair on his brow will e’er furrow
Who leaves in Christ’s hand the keys of tomorrow.

Chorus
Then lift up your head, tho’ your eyelids are wet;
The clouds may be dark, but the sun’s shining yet;
Trust fully in Jesus and banish your sorrow,
And leave in his hands the keys of tomorrow.
                                          H. J. Zelley
O Love that wilt not let me go,
  I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
  May richer, fuller be.

O Light that followest all my way,
  I yield my flickering torch to Thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in Thy sunshine’s blaze its day
  May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
  I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain
  That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
  I dare not ask to fly from Thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
  Life that shall endless be.

Rev. George Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment