To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Thursday, November 21, 2013

White Peonies in Brown Container with I’ve had a talk with Jesus and “Let me to Thy bosom fly,”

I’ve had a talk with Jesus,
I’ve told Him all my care;
I’ve sought His blessed presence,
And dropped my burden there;
And when I knelt before Him,
I felt my spirit thrill
To hear His gentle whisper,
“I love thee; peace, be still.”

I’ve had a talk with Jesus,
His promised peace to share;
We walked by healing waters
Thro’ pastures green and fair;
His arms of love were round me,
And blest indeed was I,
And oh, I dwelt in safety
With such a refuge nigh!

I’ve had a talk with Jesus,
We held communion sweet;
I’ve laid my joys and sorrows,
Like Mary, at His feet-
I’ve told Him ev’ry longing
That throbbed within my breast;
He filled my soul with comfort,
And gave His peace and rest.

Chorus

O blest communion, pure and sweet,
To talk with Him is joy complete;
And oh, I love to steal away,
And talk with Jesus ev’ry day.

Ida Scott Taylor
“Let me to Thy bosom fly,”
Weak and wounded, like the bird;
Hear, oh, hear my earnest cry;
Let Thy pity be conferred.

“Let me to Thy bosom fly,”
Stormy waves around me roll;
Surges beating mountain high,
Threaten to engulf my soul.

“Let me to Thy bosom fly,”
Hallelujah! then I’ll sing;
Thro’ the blue arch of the sky,
Anthems loud and clear shall ring.

Chorus
“Let me to Thy bosom fly;”
Let my lips repeat the cry;
“While the tempest still is high,
Let me to Thy bosom fly.”

Mrs. E. W. Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment