To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, November 25, 2013

Cat with I am thinking today of that glorious time and Sweet are the promises, Kind is the word

I am thinking today of that glorious time
When my soul shall have entered that Heaven-blest clime,
And the song of the ransomed shall fall on my ear,
Which sometimes I am heartsick and homesick to hear.

Only sinners redeemed by the blood of the Lamb,
Only those who thro’ great tribulation have come,
Have a part in the song which shall ring thro’ the skies
As the shouts of the ransomed in triumph arise.

So I long for the day when His face I shall see,
And from earth’s limitations my soul shall be free;
With no discordant note when His praises I’ll sing-
Hallelujahs forever to Jesus my King!

Chorus

Some day, some glorious day,
When my soul shall be free from this cumbersome clay,
I shall join the glad song of the glorified throng
To praise my Redeemer, some day, some day.

Mrs. C. H. Morris
Sweet are the promises, kind is the word;
Dearer far than any message man ever heard,
Pure was the mind of Christ, Sinless I see;
He the great example is, and pattern for me.

Sweet is the tender love Jesus hath shown;
Sweeter far than any love that mortals have known,
Kind to the erring one, Faithful is He;
He the great example is, and pattern for me.

List to His loving words, “Come unto Me;”
Weary, heavy-laden, there is sweet rest for thee,
Trust in His promises, Faithful and sure;
Lean upon the Savior, and thy soul is secure.

Chorus
Where He leads I’ll follow,
Follow all the way.
Where He leads I’ll follow,
Follow Jesus ev’ry day.

W. A. Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment