To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Monday, November 18, 2013

Sheep and One Goat in Snow with I am safe from ev’ry storm and Souls of men, why will ye scatter

I am safe from ev’ry storm,
Christ doth love me so;
I am safe from ev’ry harm,
For my Lord I know.

I am safe when troubles come,
With my Savior near;
I am safe from Satan’s wiles,
For my prayer He’ll hear.

I am safe forevermore,
Thro’ the crimson flood;
I am safe and Christ I’ll see,
By His precious blood.

I am safe whate’er befall,
With a Friend so strong;
I am safe for Heav’n and home,
With the blood-washed throng.

Chorus
I am safe, I am safe,
For my Savior died for me;
I am safe, I am safe in Him,
In His likeness I shall be.

I. E. Reynolds
Souls of men, why will ye scatter
  Like a crowd of frightened sheep?
Foolish hearts, why will ye wander
  From a love so true and deep?
Was there ever kindest shepherd
  Half so gentle, half so sweet,
As the Saviour who would have us
  Come and gather round His feet?

It is God:  His love looks mighty,
  But is mightier than it seems.
‘Tis our Father, and His fondness
  Goes far out beyond our dreams.
There’s a wideness in God’s mercy,
  Like the wideness of the sea;
There’s a kindness in His justice,
  Which is more than liberty.

There is no place where earth’s sorrows
  Are more felt than up in heaven;
There is no place where earth’s failings
  Have such kindly judgment given.
There is welcome for the sinner,
  And more graces for the good,
There is mercy with the Saviour;
  There is healing in His blood.

For the love of God is broader
  Than the measures of man’s mind,
And the heart of the Eternal
  Is most wonderfully kind.
But we make His love too narrow
  By false limits of our own,
And we magnify His strictness
  With a zeal He will not own.

There is plentiful redemption
  In the blood that has been shed;
There is joy for all the members
  In the sorrows of the Head.
If our love were but more simple,
  We should take Him at His word;
And our lives would be all sunshine
  In the sweetness of our Lord.   

 Rev. Frederick W. Faber 

No comments:

Post a Comment