To order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Prone Iris with True to my Savior I want to be and The law commands and makes us know

True to my Savior I want to be,
True to the Lamb who was slain for me;
This is my prayer as I homeward go:
True to my Savior in weal or woe.

True I would be to His love divine;
True to the hope of this soul of mine;
Whether be thorny or smooth the way,
True to my Savior by night and day.

True when rejoicing in heart and soul,
True when the billows of sorrow roll;
When I am tempted or when I am free,
True to my Savior my soul would be.

True I would be when the shadows fall,
True when expecting the final call;
True when my body shall lose its breath,
True to my Savior in life, in death.

Chorus
True, true to my Savior,
True, true to Him,
True, true I would be,
True to my Savior who died for me.

James RoweThe law commands and makes us know
What duties to our God we owe;
But ‘tis the gospel must reveal
Where lies our strength to do His will.

The law discovers guilt and sin,
And shows how vile our hearts have been;
Only the gospel can express
Forgiving love and cleansing grace.

What curses does the law denounce
Against the man that fails but once!
But in the gospel Christ appears,
Pardoning the guilt of numerous years.

My soul, no more attempt to draw
Thy life and comfort from the law:
Fly to the hope the gospel gives:
The man that trust the promise, lives.

Rev. Isaac Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment